Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox APKDownloads: 619 Updated: August 03, 2016 Category : Uncategorized
by:Petter Säterskog Requires: Android 4.0 and upPrice:free
(Click to Ratings)
Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox Description
Cell Lab simulates few-celled organisms. It contains 30 challenges where the player is presented with an environment and has to design an organism that will survive in it. Solving challenges unlocks additional genes that can give cells new properties.
The encoding of the cells behaviour has been made as intuitive as possible without losing generality but it nevertheless takes a bit of effort to understand. Going through the provided tutorials carefully is recommended. Solving some of the exercises might take some effort, paper and pencil is recommended for the very last ones :).
Cell Lab also contains an experimental mode where the user can set the parameters of the environment and put designed organisms in it to see how they multiply (or die). It is also possible to seed this environment with random genomes and once a viable genome has been seeded one can see how it slowly evolves through tiny mutations to an organism well adapted to the environment it is in.
It is then possible to change the environment to see how they re-adapt, fast forward the simulation, and finally to save and share it.
This simulation is not biologically realistic, all cells in Cell Lab only has one function, to swim, to eat, to collect sunlight, to float, etc . This is not how cells work in nature where one cell can do many things at once. This accuracy has been traded off to be able to make an interesting game. The cells have also been made to multiply very fast, this also for the enjoyment of the user.
What is realistic is the evolution taking place in this game. How species adapt to their environment and compete with each other to sometimes attain an equilibrium and sometimes extinction. The physical principles in this game are also supposed to be realistic. Energy conservation is for example observed, the cells otherwise quickly find the loophole and start cheating :).
• 2 tutorials
• 30 challenges
• 10 types of cells with different functions
• 15 cell-modes per genome to program
• 22 parameters in each cell mode
• Environment editor with 23 parameters
• Simulates and renders up to 800 cells at decent frame rates
• Arbitrary number of cells and petri dish size in advanced mode.
• Beautifully animated vector graphics that lets you zoom to atomic scales
• Save, load and share both environments and genomes
• Simulation fast-forward
• No advertisements or in-game payments
An online forum where Cell Lab can be discussed is available at:
This app needs three permissions:
• Internet access. This is required to send bug reports and other anonymous usage data.
• Network state. This is required to make sure bug reports and usage data are only sent over wifi to avoid using mobile data.
• External Storage. This app needs to be able to read and write external storage so that the user can send and receive samples as email attachments.
Editors is lazy not tested it
Download Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox APK File
Download Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox
- Price: free
- Requires: Android 4.0 and up
- File Name: Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox.apk
- Downloads: 619
- Version : V42
- Category : Android Uncategorized Game
Old Versions Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox
- Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox 74 Apk File [Free] Date: 2016-08-03
What's New in Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox
- - Added Italian, Portuguese and Russian language
- - Added settings page with some different settings
- - Added graphics for adhesin
- - changed splitting rules
- - changed infestation level
- - changed hints and spoilers
- - changed challenge menu layout
- - a few bug-fixes, and probably also a few new bugs :P
- - flagellum speed
- - fixed a rotate screen bug
Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox Screenshots
DISCLAIMER: Cell Lab: Evolution Sandbox is the property and trademark from , all rights reserved by Click on the above link to proceed to the apk file download page or app buy page.