Keepass2Android Password Safe APKDownloads: 551 Updated: July 13, 2015 Category : Tools
by: Philipp Crocoll (Croco Apps) Requires: Android 2.3 and upPrice:free
Keepass2Android Password Safe Description
Keepass2Android is an open source password manager application for Android. It reads and writes .kdbx-files, the database format used by the popular KeePass 2.x Password Safe for Windows and other desktop operating systems.
The user interface is based on Keepassdroid (by Brian Pellin), ported from Java to Mono for Android. The backend uses the original KeePass libraries to handle file access to ensure file format compatibility.
Main features of the App are
* read/write support for .kdbx (KeePass 2.x) files
* integrates with nearly every Android browser (see below)
* QuickUnlock: Unlock your database once with your full password, re-open it by typing just a few characters (see below)
* Access files from the cloud or the web (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, FTP, WebDAV). You can use “Keepass2Android Offline” if you don’t need this feature.
* Integrated Soft-Keyboard: Switch to this keyboard for entering user credentials. This shields you from clipboard based password sniffers (see below)
* support for editing entries including additional string fields, file attachments, tags etc.
* search dialog with all search options from KeePass 2.x.
* Access SD Card
* Access Internet (required for accessing files via FTP/WebDav). Install “Keepass2Android Offline” if you don’t want to grant this privilege.
Bug reports and suggestions: http://keepass2android.codeplex.com/
== Browser integration ==
If you need to lookup a password for a webpage, go to Menu/Share… and select Keepass2Android. This will
* bring up a screen to load/unlock a database if no database is loaded and unlocked
* go to the Search Results screen displaying all entries for the currently visited URL
– or –
* directly offer the Copy Username/Password notifications if exactly one entry matches the currently visited URL
== QuickUnlock ==
You should protect your password database with a strong (i.e. random and LONG) password including upper and lower case as well as numbers and special characters. Typing such a password on a mobile phone every time you unlock your database is time-consuming and error-prone. The KP2A solution is QuickUnlock:
* Use a strong password for your database
* Load your database and type the strong password once. Enable QuickUnlock.
* The application is locked after the time specified in the settings
* If you want to re-open your database, you can type just a few characters (by default, the last 3 characters of your password) to unlock quickly and easily!
* If the wrong QuickUnlock key is entered, the database is locked and the full password is required to re-open.
Is this safe? First: it allows you to use a really strong password, this increases safety in case someone gets your database file. Second: If you loose your phone and someone tries to open the password database, the attacker has exactly one chance to make use of QuickUnlock. When using 3 characters and assuming 70 characters in the set of possible characters, the attacker has a 0.0003% chance of opening the file. If this sounds still too much for you, choose 4 or more characters in the settings.
QuickUnlock requires an icon in the notification area. This is because Android would kill Keepass2Android too often without this icon. It does not require battery power.
Editors is lazy not tested it
Download Keepass2Android Password Safe APK File
Download Keepass2Android Password Safe
- Price: free
- Requires: Android 2.3 and up
- File Name: Keepass2Android Password Safe.apk
- Downloads: 551
- Version : V0.9.7b
- Category : Android Tools App
Old Versions Keepass2Android Password Safe
- Keepass2Android Password Safe 1.0.0-d Apk File [Free] Date: 2016-09-03
- Keepass2Android Password Safe V0.9.7b Apk File [free] Date: 2015-07-13
What's New in Keepass2Android Password Safe
- bug fixes and translation updates
- write support for Keepass 1 (kdb) databases (beta!)
- better switching back to previous keyboard (also works on non-rooted devices)
- support for KeeChallenge with variable length challenges
- prevent taking screenshots from QuickUnlock and password screens
- reverse sort order for Sort by Modification Date (now descending)
- bug fixes
Keepass2Android Password Safe Screenshots
DISCLAIMER: Keepass2Android Password Safe is the property and trademark from , all rights reserved by Click on the above link to proceed to the apk file download page or app buy page.