SDFix APKDownloads: 540 Updated: July 07, 2016 Category : Tools
by:NextApp Inc. Requires: Android 4.3 and upPrice:free
(Click to Ratings)
Android 4.4 KitKat removes your ability to write files to the MicroSD card (on phones/tablets that have both internal memory and user-installed MicroSD cards). NextApp SDFix restores this ability by modifying a configuration file. As this app changes a system configuration file, it requires root access.
WARNING! PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
* THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE APP.
* This app is used to change a device configuration file.
* Please read this entire app listing for a description of exactly what this app does to determine if it is appropriate for your device and/or custom ROM.
* This app is designed to solve a specific problem. If you don’t have that problem, don’t install this app.
* This app is only useful on devices that have a user-installed MicroSD card. If you have a Google Nexus device or other device without a MicroSD card that you physically installed yourself, then this app isn’t going to be helpful.
* This app is likely only useful if you have a stock ROM. If you’re running an aftermarket ROM like Cyanogenmod, then there is no reason to install this app (good aftermarket ROMs don’t suffer from the problem that this app corrects).
* NO WARRANTY: as is generally the case with all root modifications, you assume all risk by using this software.
* As with any root modification, ensure you have the knowledge to fully restore your device to stock if required.
When Google released Android 4.4, they specified that applications you download can no longer write to user-installed MicroSD cards. Apps can still write to internal flash storage. Some devices (like Google Nexus devices) only have internal storage, and are unaffected. Other devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy and Note devices) have the ability to expand their storage space by installing a MicroSD card. When KitKat is installed on such devices, apps are limited to only being able to manipulate files on the built-in storage, with write-access to the MicroSD card being restricted.
This change represents a removal of functionality compared with Android 4.3. 4.3 allowed apps to write to the MicroSD card, as did prior versions.
The limitation introduced in KitKat does not affect the capabilities of preinstalled apps, only apps you choose to install. Apps preinstalled by Google, your device manufacturer, and your carrier still have this ability. Only apps that you choose to install are restricted.
Finally found this after searching for a way to delete videos from my microSD in VLC once I had watched them without needing a root filesystem browser to delete the files.
Download SDFix APK File
- Price: free
- Requires: Android 4.3 and up
- File Name: SDFix.apk
- Downloads: 540
- Version : V0.8
- Category : Android Tools App
Old Versions SDFix
- SDFix V0.8 Apk File [free] Date: 2016-07-07
What's New in SDFix
- New update keeps indentation perfect in platform.xml.
- IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO RUN SDFIX AGAIN WITH THIS UPDATE. If you've run SDFix previously and it worked correctly, there is no reason to re-download or re-run the app.
DISCLAIMER: SDFix is the property and trademark from , all rights reserved by Click on the above link to proceed to the apk file download page or app buy page.